NOTE: Applications will only be processed when college is in session.
Dreamkeepers provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Dreamkeepers assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
|ELIGIBLE EXPENSES INCLUDE:
||INELIGIBLE EXPENSES INCLUDE:
Personal automobile expenses
Public transportation/bus pass
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits or more) in an associate degree program or academic degree-credit certificate program during semester of award
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0, with at least one term recently completed at Macomb
- Provide documentation of the requested assistance
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is preferred, but not required.
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
- Complete and submit the online application
- Submit documentation to support the request (online, via mail or fax, or in person)
- You will be contacted by the program administrator when your completed application is received; the administrator will conduct an interview with you and review your documentation
- The submitted documentation will be reviewed by a committee
- Administrator notifies you of approval or denial of your request
- Please note, submitting an application does not guarantee approval
If approved for funding, payments will be issued to the student’s Macomb Debit Card on the weekly scheduled refund day unless otherwise requested. The maximum award granted to a student is $500 per semester/year and $1,500 lifetime.
Please contact the Dreamkeepers College Administrator with any questions at 586.447.8609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.